Razor-qt 0.5.2 is out!
This is the second maintenance release of the 0.5 series.
Thanks to the great work of our translators, this release features full translations into over 20 languages.
In addition, a number of improvements and bug fixes were made:
- First day of week will also be detected correctly on systems with Qt older than 4.8.
- Mount plugin received a number of improvements. It will now display volume sizes correctly.
- Razor can now use systemd directly to shutdown/supend/etc.
- Themes were improved to work well with dark Qt color schemes.
- The bug that caused creation of ~/razor and ~/.razor directories was fixed. (If you have such directories, it's safe to delete them)
- And lots of other minor fixes
Razor-qt 0.5.1 is out!
This is the first maintenance release of the 0.5 series. No new features were introduced, but a number of important fixes were made.
Main changes include:
- Updated license headers
- Fixed memory leak in razor-desktop when theme is changed
- Updated translations
Razor-qt 0.5.0 is out!
The Razor-qt team is proud to release version 0.5.0. It is the culmination of all our efforts since our last release in February of 2012.
There have been several improvements and added features for 0.5.0, as noted in the Change Log, but the most noticable are:
- New Appearance GUI for configuring themes
- Several new plugins for added functionality
- Many bug fixes resulting in better performance
- New Notification daemon
The Razor-qt team would like to thank it's staff of 8 members for all the hard work, and the community as well, for all the support. A list of the Razor-qt development team is available here, on github.
Razor-qt is an advanced, easy-to-use, and fast desktop environment based on Qt technologies. It has been tailored for users who value simplicity, speed, and an intuitive interface. Unlike most desktop environments, Razor-qt also works fine with weak machines.
While still a new project, Razor-qt already contains the key DE components:
- Application launcher
- Settings center
You can use either all of them or part of them. Razor-qt works with various WMs, most of Razor developers use Openbox. But it's no problem to take any modern WM from fwwm2 to kwin (yes, KDE without Plasma Desktop is possible too).
Razor-qt is a new open-source project and you can help us improve it. We welcome your bug reports and suggestions; you are free to translate all into your own language, create more attractive graphics, anything.
Press about us
Get Razor-qtGet the latest stable version of Razor-qt for your operating system.
OpenSUSE/SLE users could use up-to-date packages from QtDesktop repository.
Fedora/Redhat/CentOS users can install it from the official repositories/EPEL.
Arch Linux users can install it form AUR.
Agilia Linux users can install it form Userland repository.
Mageia users can install it from the official repositories.
Debian users can install it from the official repositories.
ALT Linux users can install it from the official repositories.
Slackware Linux users can install it form the SBo repository.
You can build from source instead of using a precompiled binary.